Food and Beverages
- We recommend picking up some groceries on the way out to Orchid Bay. If you are arriving into the Belize City Phillip S.W. Goldson International Airport (BZE), then we recommend buying your groceries at Sky Plaza Supermarket that is across the street at the “T” intersection (approx 1 mile) after leaving the airport.
- If your are coming from Mexico, then we recommend that you do your shopping in Chetumal, Mexico or after you across the border in Corozal, Belize.
Pick up your favorites alcohol at the airport duty free store before you clear customs. The selection changes every visit and at this time, each person is allowed to bring in six 1 Litre/26oz bottles.
If your flight arrives into Belize City later in the day and you are not comfortable with night driving, we would recommend staying at the Best Western Belize Biltmore Plaza in Belize City for the night and drive out to Orchid bay in the morning. The roads and signs are not the best and at nightfall it gets extremely dark in the back-roads. The hotel website is http://www.belizebiltmore.com/
Travel Belize is a good website for general Belize info. http://www.travelbelize.org/
The Belize dollar exchange rate is US$1 = BZ$2
- Every Casita is equipped with a fire extinguisher. It is underneath the stairs to the loft. It also has smoke detectors at the loft and at the bedroom. Barbecuing is not allowed in Casita grounds. Check with Tradewinds staff for Barbecue pit availability.
- Casitas are 100% Non-Smoking. Feel free to smoke anywhere outside, but please keep our beaches clean by disposing of your cigarettes in designated trash receptacles.
- Please turn OFF air conditioners and lights when you leave the casitas. It reduces power consumption and more importantly, it keeps the bugs away that are attracted to the lights.
- Most Casitas don’t allow pets, but check with management for exceptions.
- There is a safe located in the dresser in the bedroom.
- Some Casitas have Wireless Internet.
Never flush or place any hazardous items down the drains that may cause obstruction like the following items: glass metal latex shells of any kind including eggs shells, stones, cloth or plastic products, personal hygiene products, chemicals, fuel, condoms, bones, grease, and paper products other than toilet tissue.
Parking is limited to the Tradewinds Restaurant and the designated area between the water tower and the Crimson Orchid Inn. Casita driveways are available only for loading and unloading.
- Our Infinity Pool is gorgeous! Beach towels are located in the Casita and are for pool use, please DO NOT bring bath towels outside. Pool rules are posted on the pool shack.
No glass cups are allowed around the infinity pool, the restaurant will give you or serve your beverages with plastic cups for outside consumption. Every casita has plastic cups if you want to take out drinks from your casita.
The Casitas has all the comforts of home:
- Hot and cold running water
- We have Fresh Clean Reverse Osmosis water straight from the tap that you can safely drink.
The following appliances:
- Refrigerator: Please leave the fridge setting on “5”.
- Butane Gas Stove: If the gas happens to run out, please talk to the manager to switch to the second tank.
- Small Appliances: toaster, coffee maker, and blender.
- Bowls, plates, pots, pans, dishes, wine glasses, cutlery
- Two TVs with DVD players. Bring some DVDs down or HDMI hard drive/cable if you wish. There is currently no TV service at the casita. If you want to watch a DVD, turn the power on the TV and the DVD player. Using the remote, hit the “SOURCE” button on the top right. Choose AV2 using the arrows and then push the button between the arrows . At the restaurant, we have more DVD that you can take to the casitas and returned back.
- Some Casitas may be equipped with washer and dryers.